Welcome to the official website of the Oklahoma Sooner City Alumnae Chapter (OSCA) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated. Thank you for taking the time to review our chapter’s portfolio of community service programs and chapter activities. We hope you will find our online home to be a useful tool that allows you to learn more about Oklahoma Sooner City Alumnae Chapter and its programs.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is a not-for-profit organization founded on January 13, 1913 by twenty-two collegiate women at Howard University with the purpose of providing assistance and support through established programs in local communities throughout the world. The major programs of the Sorority are based upon the organization’s Five-Point Programmatic Thrust:
- Economic Development
- Educational Development
- International Awareness and Involvement
- Physical and Mental Health
- Political Awareness and Involvement
Since OSCA’s chartering on May 4, 1991, our members have strived to sustain the vision of our Founders. Our signature programs and events include:
- Financial Crime Prevention Workshop which focuses on helping individuals understand all aspects of identity theft and financial crimes and how to avoid them.
- Youth programs which include: Delta G.E.M.S. (Growing & Empowering Myself Successfully), Delta Academy and E.M.B.O.D.I. (Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence).
- World A.I.D.S. Day campaign which highlights our uncompromising commitment to communities by maintaining outreach efforts to stem the AIDS epidemic in our families, communities, country and abroad.
- Sister Circle that focuses on physical and mental health impacts of our nation’s current state of affairs from navigating through the Pandemic to Racial and Social Injustice.
- Voter Education and Registration which focuses on young voters age 18 to 35 and previously incarcerated person whose voting rights can be restored.
This is just a brief view of OSCA’s impactful involvement in the Oklahoma City Metropolitan area. If you are a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and are new to the area or looking for a chapter to call home, consider Oklahoma Sooner City Alumnae Chapter where we are committed to the community and share the common bond of Sisterhood.
Please visit our website frequently and explore our calendar for opportunities to partner with Oklahoma Sooner City Alumnae Chapter or support our programs and events. We look forward to providing continuous updates and building a stronger relationship with our community.
Glendalyn R. Pruitt, President
Oklahoma Sooner City Alumnae Chapter
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.